Posted by Julia Song 6452
Proverb inspires you when you are down. The ancient Chinese has the incomparable wisdom, and in this post I collected some touching and inspiring proverbs by some of the famous people.
1. jìn zhū zhě chì , jìn mò zhě hēi
One takes the behavior of one's company.
2. yī jiàn shuāng diāo
Kill two birds with one stone.
3. rén wǎng gāo chù zǒu shuǐ wǎng dī chù liú
Man struggles upwards; water flows downwards.
4. shǎo zhuànɡ bù nǔ lì, lǎo dà tú shān bēi
A young idler, an old beggar.
5. rén xīn qí tài shān yí
When people work with one mind, they can even remove Mount Taishan.
6. fáng huàn yú wèi rán
Prevention is better than cure.
7. chéng yě xiāo hé bài yě xiāo hé
It is also the one who contributes to success the cause of failure.
8. chī yī qiàn,zhǎng yī zhì
Learn from one's mistakes
9. dé ráo rén chù qiě ráo rén
Be lenient wherever it is possible
10. hǎo hàn bù chī yǎn qián kuī
A wise man does not fight when the odds are against him.
11. háng háng chū zhuàng yuán
Every profession produces its own leading authority.
12. jì lái zhī zé ān zhī
Take things as they come cross the bridge when one comes to it.
13. lǐ qīng qíng yì zhòng
The gift itself may be small, but the goodwill is deep.
14. lù yáo zhī mǎ lì rì jiǔ jiàn rén xīn
Distance tests a horse's stamina；Time reveals a man's heart.
15. mó dāo bú wù kǎn chái gōng
A beard well lathered is half shaved.
16. qián rén zāi shù hòu rén chéng liáng
One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.
17. qīng chū yú lán ér shèng yú lán
The students surpass the teacher.
18. qiú rén bù rú qiú jǐ
Self-help is better than help from others.
19. rú rén yǐn shuǐ lěng nuǎn zì zhī
Only the wearer knows where the shoes pain.
20. shèng bù jiāo，bài bù něi
Not to become dizzy with success, nor be discouraged by failure.
21. shì shàng wú nán shì，zhǐ pà yǒu xīn rén
It's dogged as does it.
22. tīng qí yán guān qí xíng
Listen to what a person says and watch he does.
23. xiān xià shǒu wéi qiáng
Catch the ball before the bound
24. yī nián zhī jì zài yú chūn
A year's plan starts with spring
25. zì zhù zhě tiān zhù zhī
God helps those who help themselves.
26. rù xiāng suí sú
Do as the Romans do.
27. qiān lǐ zhī xíng shǐ yú zú xià
A thousand mile trip begins with one step.
28. liáng hǎo de kāi duān shì chéng gōng de yī bàn
A good beginning is half done.
29. huó dào lǎo xué dào lǎo
A man is never too old to learn.
30. yù sù zé bù dá
Fool's haste is no speed.
31. bú zài qí wèi，bù móu qí zhèng
Every man should confine himself to his own duties.
32. chéng rén bù zì zài，zì zài bù chéng rén
You can't expect to be both grand and comfortable.
33. chū yū ní ér bù rǎn
Live in the silt but not imbrued
34. dǎ kāi tiān chuāng shuō liàng huà
Let's not mince matters.
35. dú shū bǎi biàn qí yì zì jiàn
Read hundreds times, and you will find the meaning.
As you have read, the Chinese proverbs above not only inspire you when you down but also show you the way to success. Want to learn more wisdom of the ancient Chinese? I highly recommend this Chinese culture course for you, here to have a FREE trial!